As technology advances, we are given more and more options to choose from. Laptops and tablets are both very useful for completing daily tasks, and each one comes with its own benefits and drawbacks. Every person’s needs are different, so no option is superior to the other. However, Computer CPR will guide you through each of their functionalities and help you decide if a laptop or tablet is worth investing in for your situation and needs.
What Are Laptops Best For?
Laptops are great for multitasking. So, if you are a full-time student, a laptop might be a better investment. You are able to complete more tasks at a time, such as watching videos to help answer lecture questions. They have keyboards as a standard, which makes them easier to type on. Laptops range anywhere from $150 to $5,000 depending on the brand and model.
The Pros of a Laptop
- If you want to use high-end software, laptops are a great investment.
- Laptops offer a lot of storage space, which is great for storing pictures, videos, and downloaded software
- If you are a gamer, a laptop will be a better investment because it can support heavy-duty gaming. On the other hand, tablets can generally only run simple games.
The Cons of a Laptop
- A majority of laptops don’t have touchscreens, which makes them less suitable for young kids and those without computer experience
- A laptop’s battery doesn’t last very long, so you will need to be near an outlet if you plan to use it all day long.
What Are Tablets Best For?
Tablets are very portable and compact, so packing them is fairly simple. They are easy to use and they are touchscreen, which makes them intuitive. If you want to have portable entertainment for your kids or for a long solo trip, tablets are the way to go. Some tablets are under $100, while others can go as high as $1000 or more.
The Pros of a Tablet
- Tablets are lightweight, easy to carry around and pack, easy to use, and perfect for home or on the go entertainment
- The battery life exceeds that of a laptop. This is ideal for traveling and when there’s no power outlet in sight.
- You can choose to have cellular service on your tablet, so you don’t need Wi-Fi to access the internet
- You can download all kinds of apps, which allows for easy communication. Some of these apps include WhatsApp and GroupMe.
The Cons of a Tablet
- If you are looking for something to aid your writing, word processing, or inputting data, tablets can be less convenient to use. However, you could invest in a keyboard to simplify those tasks.
- Tablets don’t have fans in them, so they use a different type of processor than laptops do. This processor isn’t as speedy as laptop cooling fans.
Get Laptop or Tablet Repairs With Computer CPR
Hopefully, we have given you some insightful information as you look for the perfect solution for your needs. If your laptop or tablet ever breaks down, get in touch with Computer CPR. We have all the skills and equipment to fix your technical needs.